Friday, July 27, 2007

VBS was a success

No one has posted anything for awhile here. I know I haven't because I've been focused on VBS for the last several weeks. We started with a carnival last Saturday. We had over 300 people attend. It was great. Our theme for VBS was "Take the Plunge" so we had an inflatable water slide (the kids loved it) and a dunk tank. Along with other inflatables, we also had balloon twisters and face painting & food of course. Then Sunday started VBS. Our average attendance was 150 children, a record. I was really pleased with how all the leaders worked as a team even as they got tired at the end of the week. God provided even more than we asked for which was in keeping with the verse that I have been trusting in - Ephesian 3:20-21 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!"
I've actually feel like I've hit a wall today. It's a good kind of tired knowing that all the months of planning are behind me now. I haven't been home any night this week until about 9:30. Then to wind down in the evening I'd watch Gilmore Girl episodes for an hour before I went to bed. I recommend them if you want just laugh and veg for awhile.

Glad to hear Mike & Julie's conference went well too. Mike, you learned how to put together these kind of events from me I think. You were certainly dragged to enough of them through the years.

I really felt a sense of purpose (maybe moreso than ever) using my giftedness of organization as I watched the week unfold so well. It wasn't a new discovery that God wired me this way but more a reaffirmation that this is what He made me to do. When Eric Liddell (remember Chariots of Fire) said when he ran he felt God's pleasure - that's kind of what I felt watching everything come together. It's easier now to do the logistical things but harder physically on my body as I've gotten older so I'm wondering how many days it'll take before I recover.

I am going up north with my boss next week to help with two receptions (Harbor Springs & Traverse City and a President's Club dinner at a swanky 5 star restaurant in Ellsworth (near Charlevoix). I'll get to stay at some very nice B & B's and the Grand Traverse Hilton. I love it up in that area so I am so looking forward to it. We'll be meeting with donors during the week as well.

Never written this much on a blog before but that's what they are for - right? Thought I'd get something new on here.
Love to all of you,
Mom

No comments: